THE BUSINESS OF FIT
Tuesday 25 September 2018 – The FIBO Global Fitness Africa Summit presented by Dis-Chem Pharmacies and in partnership with Europe Active will bring together fitness and wellness professionals to discuss topics aimed at enhancing operator excellence, including:
- Overview of the global fitness market and relevant trends
- New and innovative sales and marketing tactics
- The challenges and opportunities for corporate wellness
- How to succeed in virtual fitness and why it matters
- The correlation between culture and success
- New approaches to management and customer retention
- Success stories and learnings from top CEOs of fitness chains
To view the Summit programme, click here.
Dates: 25-26 October 2018
Where: The Blue Wine Conference and Events Venue, Ticketpro Dome
Date: Thursday, 25 October 2018: 13h00 – 18h00
Friday, 26 October 2018: 09h00 – 18h00
A delegate pass of R2 500 (ex VAT) includes:
- Entry to all FIBO Global Fitness Africa Summit presented Dis-Chem Pharmacies sessions
- Refreshments on both days on the Summit
- Networking reception (Thursday 25 October)
- Unlimited access to the FIBO Global Fitness Africa Festival presented by Dis-Chem Pharmacies (26 to 28 October)
“All industry stakeholders are invited and encouraged to not miss out on this fantastic opportunity! The FIBO Global Fitness Africa Summit presented by Dis-Chem Pharmacies platform is built to the industry’s requirements to not only facilitate more business, but networking and relationship building too,” says Martin Hiller, GM of FIBO Africa.
As well as the networking and business opportunities, the Summit presented by Dis-Chem Pharmacies is full of opportunities for you to meet, network and develop your knowledge and understanding of the industry.
To book for the Summit, click here.
MEET OUR FIBO AFRICA SUMMIT SPEAKERS:
- Herman Rutgers is an international executive, he launched his own company, Global Growth Partners, in the Netherlands and was co-founder of the European Fitness association. He is also co-author of the annual European Health & Fitness Market Report with Deloitte. Since 2013, Rutgers has served on the Board of EuropeActive.
- Prof Wayne Derman is Professor and Director of the Institute of Sport and Exercise Medicine at Stellenbosch University. He serves on the International Paralympic Committee Medical Commission, and has played an important role in clinical support for South Africa’s athletes at and international level.
- Dr. Paul Bedford is one of the global fitness industries leading authorities on retention, attrition and member experience management. Dr. Bedford is also an international speaker and author of the world’s largest retention study with two degrees, one in exercise psychology and a second in social science research methods and a PhD that focused on retention in the gym environment.
- Ivan Blumenfeld has a background in athletic track running for KZN athletics, as well as managing provincial teams and establishing two athletics clubs. Blumenfeld initiated the Sports Medicine Fraternity in South Africa and presented and worked closely with national sporting teams with regards to sports dentistry and concussion. He is the owner of Origin Fitness.
- Trevor Brennan is currently the CEO of Les Mills in their emerging markets., he has over 20 years of global fitness experience. Brennan has previously held the role of CEO at Jatomi Fitness, Executive Vice President Celebrity Fitness and European Sales Director Holmes Place.
- Tony Payne is an avid cyclist and Ironman tri-athlete and has worked in the Fitness and Wellness industry for over 26 Years. Tony has a degree in Physical Education from Wits University with an honors in Sport Science. He is one of the founding directors and owners of PentaSystems(Pty)Ltd, the exclusive distributors of Technogym and Wattbike in Southern Africa.
- Tumi Phake is a South African based entrepreneur, business speaker and mentor. He is the founder and chief executive officer of Zenzele Fitness Group, a fitness and wellness company that operates 13 gym facilities across South Africa. He was recently named and won the 2017 South African entrepreneur of the year.
- Mags Govender is the Managing Director of GO Health Clubs SA. He is a strategic thinker with strengths in Sales, Marketing and Business Relationship solutions. Having previous experience as a Director in the Health & Fitness Industry, Govender has adopted innovative strategies to achieve fantastic results that evoke higher performance levels within his teams.
- Sean Turner is the Chief Marketing Officer of the Holmes Place Group and co-founder of the Icon Fitness and EVO - Fitness Evolved brands. He is one of the first in the health and fitness industry to hold the title of Chief Digital Officer. In this role he successfully led digital transformation for the Holmes Place Group of businesses.
- Piet Oosthuizen is Head of Commercial Exercise at Virgin Active. Piet completed his Honours degree in Biokinetics at the University of North West in 1988. Since graduating he has worked as a biokineticist at the Johannesburg Cardiac Rehabilitation Centre and was the Regional Wellness Manager at First National Bank. He previously served as the club’s Regional Fitness Manager and Head of Product. He loves watching sport especially rugby.
To learn more about the FIBO Summit, our partners, exhibitors, schedule of events, what to expect and of course how to plan your weekend at FIBO, please visit: FIBO Global Fitness Africa presented by Dis-Chem
About Europe Active
EuropeActive, formerly the European Health and Fitness Association (EHFA), is the (leading) not-for-profit organisation representing the whole of the European health and fitness sector in Brussels. The European health & fitness sector serves over 60 million consumers, generates 26.6 billion Euro in revenues, employs 650,000 people, and consists of 59,055 facilities.
About FIBO Global Fitness Africa
FIBO Global Fitness Africa Festival presented by Dis-Chem Pharmacies is a three-day event focusing on the fitness, wellness and health industry and that is open to the public. From 26 to 28 October, visitors will be exposed to everything (from apparel to equipment and nutrition) as well as see the latest developments in the industry. In addition, visitors will be able to take part in various group fitness activities and watch fitness competitions.
FIBO Global Fitness Africa Summit will host International and local experts who will share their expertise and insights into the latest industry trends on 26 October. Inclusive of an exhibition & demo area to showcase the various exhibitors products and offerings, this platform is built to the industry’s requirements to not only facilitate more business, but networking and relationship building too.
About FIBO Global Fitness
From Cologne to Shanghai and Johannesburg to the United States: FIBO is expanding its global activities and establishing a direct presence in the target markets. FIBO in Cologne, the Leading International Trade Show for Fitness, Wellness and Health, draws about 1,000 exhibitors and 150,000 visitors to Germany each year. This is where innovations are launched. This is where international trends are set. This is where the industry comes to invest. FIBO China has been the central meeting place of the Asian fitness industry since 2014. FIBO Africa and FIBO USA will be launched in 2018.
About Reed Exhibitions
Reed Exhibitions is the world’s leading events business, enhancing the power of face to face through data and digital tools at over 500 events a year, in more than 43 countries, attracting more than 7m participants. East, Asia Pacific and Africa and organised by 41 fully staffed offices. Reed Exhibitions serves 43 industry sectors with trade and consumer events. It is part of the RELX Group PLC, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
Issued on behalf of FIBO Global Fitness Africa by TPW.Agency